Thursday 10 May 2012

how many handbags does a girl need?

My answer to this is in the large cupboard in my daughter's room. Less than 100 but definitely more than 10.
The cupboard is stuffed full of handbag confectionery - from the heavy weights (Prada, Gucci, Mulberry) to the bantam weights (but just as much loved ... Gap, Boden, Whistles).
But still I needed another one. So last week I took my 6 year old 'stylish' to my new discovery Cocinelle, a wonderful Italian brand that was on my radar but not in my cupboard.
As I pfaffed and fussed around the beautiful bags on offer, trying this one and that one, my little girl sauntered up to a shelf and picked one that I missed - which happened to be their classic, bestselling handbag. The shop assistants were so impressed with her sense of style! And I loved it at first sight. Perhaps I have now found the perfect handbag? It is not too big, not too small; made of beautiful chestnut leather in just the right shade for summer and winter; it is not heavy; it has the essential studs on the bottom to protect the base; the handles are long enough to wear over the shoulder, yet short enough to carry on the arm; lovely metal hardware (but not too much); understated, chic, simple and wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment